The idea can be read in the above link...
I do not win awards, and this is not a sympathy request... I only visit a couple of blogs regularly (Ronnie and Hermione), and others occasionally, so I am not really out there commenting often.
However, the idea of revealing seven things about yourself, will help give insight that their is more to you than spanking.... (that you probably don't know, so here goes:) and some are very similar to Hermione...
- I do not have a cellphone, ipad, etc....
- I regularly send postcards to people while on vacation - yes, really, even though we send emails to family also. I have a collection of postcards I have received since I was a child. it is really nice to be able to read a postcard from a grand parent, or parent, or aunt or uncle (who has since passed away), and remember the good time they were having, and that they thought of you. Our children keep this tradition alive also. I do not like talking on the telephone, except if it is short and sweet. (" just the facts Ma'am " from Joe Friday..Dragnet Television Show). Cindy really grills me about the conversation, but I simply respond well we talked for a while....
- I enjoy gardening. However, I only have perennials, and herbs and vegetables. Let's not go overboard killing my back. No fruit trees, as I hate spraying chemicals.
- I love travel... to walk and explore new places "anywhere". If in a city, what is around the next corner is an experience or sight that I have never before seen. I am not thrilled walking where we live, as everything is the same, and i am only walking. However, a natural area is close-by, so I walk there whenever possible. I hate organized tours - stand in line, wait here, listen to dumb questions from people who did ZERO research before going on the trip.
- I'm a bad cook. Fortunately, Cindy is a wonderful cook, however I cook New England lobsters (boil) amazingly well, specially with a bottle of white wine.
- Housework isn't my favorite pastime - I'd rather be blogging - but I enjoy doing laundry. (this one comes straight from Hermione's list). We have a clothes line to dry clothes, which saves money, and is better for the environment. (I am frugal where possible)
- My favorite holiday is Christmas. I love giving presents to people, specially cash to younger cousins kids who can use the cash to purchase what they like, not what I think they like.I also enjoy tipping generously on cruises, even though we pay the normal gratuity charged to passengers. We sit for a served dinner, and I love tipping not only the server, but the ASSISTANT. I remember one assistant who was shocked, and he asked the main waiter for our table what to do, and he said "put it in your pocket"
- well, one extra than seven, I enjoy everything about spanking, except while being actually spanked, where I sometimes wonder if i am completely nuts!!!