4.11.12

reward spankings - A new phraseology

Recently, a wonderful spanking story was posted by Ronnie, a good friend. Click here to read it.

What do you think? I described it as a discipline spanking, but Ronnie does not like that term, nor do I. Cindy does not like a spanking referred to as a discipline spanking....

Therefore, i am suggesting we call it a reward spanking,  and I credit the idea to P for causing me to think about this issue.

THE QUESTION:

How do you possibly give a disciplinary spanking to modify behavior, when the person enjoys being spanked!!!!!!

Change the terminology.

Aside: This terminology only applies to those of us who enjoy and crave being spanked. This is a consensual play behavior between two consenting adults. This is not where one person controls the other, in a taken in hand type situation.

The setting:

The person who loves being spanked, has done something that has annoyed the spanker.

The spanker would like this situation changed!

Solution;
Give an unexpected spanking!

Why:
As a reward to the spankee for, in future, modifying the behavior that has annoyed the spanker

We, in the past, have used a baseball three strikes and you are out...

First spanking is strike one.... and time will tell if modification has occurred.

Second spanking for the same problem is strike two, a much more serious spanking, and one that better result in visible change...

We have not needed strike three, but Cindy has stated she might withdraw spanking if the use of spanking is not effective...


However, if another spanking is needed many many months later, we have sort of moved to a repeat of strike two. We are not perfect, so forgetting after a long time can be accepted,once...

Almost every real over the knee bare bottom spanking has resulted in love making almost immediately. No offense is needed for a spanking, and they are not really a maintenance spanking. Simply a spanking as prelude to love making, because it revs both of our engines so well. When I start to fondle Cindy after being spanked, she is either moist or wet, and I rebound with a strong erection almost immediately, even after a very strong spanking.

SO: WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS!!!
Instead of discipline spankings, might we start calling them REWARD spankings!!!



bottoms up
RED

10 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. None of us are getting any younger (I've been seeing the doc myself for other matters)

    I really should wait to comment on this until LOL7

    all the best,
    Krazyklingon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KrazyKlingon.... we may not be getting younger, but it does beat the alternative... Hope your health issues improve to full health.
      bottoms up
      Red

      Delete
  2. Love your blog, great pics and spanking tips/thoughts. Ive never thought about spanking as reward, its a great idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Qbuzz: glad you like it...
      bottoms up
      Red

      Delete
  3. I love your logic! Actually, you are right, and I've already been threatened by a withdrawal of spanking. I never believed it: simply because it would not only mean no spankings for me, but no spankings for Constance, too! And since she would not hold without spanking me any longer than I would without being spanked, there was no risk.
    So I guess we'd better speak of reward spankings - if a "punishment" phraseology were not a part of the fun.
    Anyway - grat post!
    Cheers
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon: call it whatever makes it the most fun... but some have a difficult time with the concept of disciplining their partner, whereas others love the idea.
      bottoms up
      Red

      Delete
  4. Dear Simon,
    IS it not what we've talked about just last week by IM ?

    Like Red, I think it would be very naive to think that a spanking could have an educational effect on spankos like us... BUt what it does is to focus our attention on a behavorial flaw that we are yet aware of and that we'd like to get rid of...

    By exemple, if I have the bad habit to put the books I carry in my hand in any place in the home, I probably just noticed once or twice in a day I've done it, even if i did it five times... And maybe I will take the books back in their shelf those two times...
    But if I got a punishment for every book I've seed through the house, even if I've enjoyed it, I will be more keen about that particular habit... I certainly won't do it by purpose to get a spanking, knowing there will be a lot of other occasions...

    That's the way adult punishment may have real effect on behaviour, I think ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mlk; I totally agree with you! Those spankings receive maximum attention on your part after being spanked. They work best on small changeable habits.
      bottoms up
      Red

      Delete
  5. Red,

    Terminology is a problem for me because P doesn't really acknowledge 'reward' or 'goodgirl' spanking, I don't know why, he kind of does them in his own way, he just doesn't refer to them as such.
    As for the fine lines between discipline, punishment, motivational etc well to be honest at the end of the day I reckon there are only 2 types of spanking - 1) recreational which is fun and pleasure in whatever way the participants make it and - 2) punishment which isn't fun even though it might be exciting. They're both good for me.

    Thanks for the mention.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie: classification is relatively useless. Glad to know that P takes charge and does his own thing,That fuels a little of your submissive thrills, and besides which, you get spanked.
      I wonder if the punishment that is not fun is simply your stubbornness at thinking you are right and he is wrong. I have the exact same feelings at times.
      Bottoms line: both are great..
      bottoms up
      Red

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! May you be spanked today :)