6.10.12

turning on verification

I am happy that the spam feature of blogger is stopping many spam comments from spammers.

These spammer sites simply praise the blog they hit, and  end up asking the reader to visit their site.

These are starting to be four or five a day, and when I am away they really fill up an inbox.
 I am not certain how long it takes blogger to remove them, because I am seeing them appear in my inbox when I leave a comment on other blogs, and request follow-up comments.

Thus, people that leave a comment on my blog, may be getting this spam also.

Therefore, I am turning on comment verification to possibly slow or eliminate this spam..

Hope you do not  mind having to do verification, and keep leaving comments.

Now, if we could find these people, we could spank them. I will let some women friends spank the men,

and I will spank the women.
bottoms up

here is a sample of the nonsense:Thanks for your marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading
it, you might be a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and
will eventually come back sometime soon. I want to encourage yourself to continue your great job,
have a nice holiday weekend!
Also visit my site natural penis enlarger
enough said...
Red

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear I'm not the only one having these issues...

    ReplyDelete
  2. D: Sad to hear I am not the only one...
    bottoms up
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my pet peeves is personal Ads...I receive a dozen or so requests each week wanting to post personal ads in the comment area. I received an offer from one guy who was willing to pay me if I could fix him up with a female spanking partner.

      Delete
  3. I get quite a few of those, usually on old posts. If a particular post is very popular with a spammer, I will turn off comments on it.
    I saw the stack of nonsense you got just recently since I also like to receive other comments via email. Some of them are really quite silly if you think of what they are saying and what your blog is about.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hermione: very true. I cannot decide which is better, leaving comment verification on or off. I do not want to annoy commenters, but also do not want people like yourself getting inundated with dumb spam.
      bottoms up
      Red

      Delete
  4. Spam issues make verification a necessary for some Blogger bloggers. Lucky I have, so far, found the spam filter on Wordpress very effective and have not had to verify yet, as I did on my old blog address.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perfectdt: glad to know wordpress is solving the problem. At least most of the comments do NOT actually appear ont he blog, but are sent out to me automatically.
      bottoms up
      Red

      Delete
  5. Red-
    It was interesting to me that we all seem to be having the same issues with these spam comments. Thanks for posting about it as the comments from other bloggers was interesting and at least there is a better feeling when you find you are not alone. (Like when you find out that there actually others who like to be spanked!)
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken: you liked to be SPANKED??? I am surprised :-)
      smiling
      Red

      Delete
  6. Get a few of these as well. Makes funny reading sometimes.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie: very true... maybe I might turn off the word verification.
      bottoms up
      Red

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! May you be spanked today :)